- THE SERVICES
The Portal may provide communication tools between prospective employers in the Career GRIT Portal (the "Possible Employers") and you such as email and/or other message or communication facilities ("the Services") designed to enable you to communicate with the Possible Employers. Unless stated otherwise the Services are for your personal use only.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE
(a) FOR CAREER GRIT TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH POSSIBLE EMPLOYERS, OR
YOU SHOULD EXIT FROM THE PORTAL AND STOP USING THE SERVICES IMMEDIATELY.
"Personal data" means means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified
(a) from that data; or
(b) from that data and other information to which Career GRIT has or is likely to have access.
- USER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
If a particular Service requires you to open an account you will be required to complete the registration process by providing certain information and registering a username and password for use with that Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all activities which take place under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will Career GRIT be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person's account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder.
- ACCEPTABLE USE
You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other materials ( "the Content"), whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. We do not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive and/or indecent. Career GRIT will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content.
In using the Portal/Services you agree not to:
- use the Services to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise;
- threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party;
- make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another;
- collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses;
- advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages;
- impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations; • use the Portal/Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Portal/Services or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Portal/Services;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Portal/Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Portal/Services may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that Career GRIT is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
- INTERNATIONAL USE
You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the Republic of Singapore or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Portal and its content (including without limitation the Portal design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Portal and the Services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the Portal you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Portal for personal, non-commercial home use only. Career GRIT does not claim ownership of any materials you post, upload or submit to any publicly accessible area of the Services. However, by doing so you are granting us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such Content for as long as you elect to display such Content via the Services. The licence shall be terminated when such Content is deleted from the Services.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Use of the Portal/Services is at your own risk. The Portal/Services are provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Further, in using the Portal/Services, Career GRIT disclaims any warranty (implied or otherwise) that you will find suitable employment in the Career GRIT or in any other field with any Possible Employer or any employer.
- To the extent permitted by law, Career GRIT will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Portal/Services.
- Career GRIT makes no warranty that the Portal/Services will meet your requirements, that Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Portal/Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Portal/Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
- GOVERNING LAW